Saturday, April 6, 2013

five years

After five long years, I've finally decided to revive this blog! While I was NOT blogging here, I was busy yapping on Facebook and Twitter - yep, I've finally decided to jump in the whole social networking bandwagon. I don't know, maybe I'm one of those people who have attention-deficient disorders.

Updates
So! Reviewing my past few posts, I am proud to say that I actually made some of my plans happen. First, I established an online store, yay! But it's only on Facebook since I really don't have a lot of time creating an online store from HTML scratch. However, I did earn some extra income out of it and it's pretty great. Been online selling since late 2010.

Second, I finally mustered enough courage to get some dental braces. And I'm telling you, it hurt like HELL. It was torture for the first two months. But now, I finally got the hang of it. And yeah, I am prettier.

Job+
So far, so good, so boring(?). I feel old, haha. No progress for the past four years, career-wise. But still grateful.

My extra-curricular activities have increased due to insistent authoritative requests. Been assigned as coach for the recent year-end party's production number (I'm like the female Will Schuester of Glee). Needless to say, the number turned out great. And best of all, I met a lot of new friends, two of which are like brothers to me now.

I'm also into running/jogging and badminton. Gotta maintain that shape. For a 30+ year-old mom, I don't look so bad. I've 26-inch waistline. And I still get student discount on bus fares, haha (hey, the conductors gave it freely. I didn't ask for it.).

Problems, problems, problems
Ah yes, I've recently been depressed due to a lot of problems. But knowing myself, I've always bounced back from these nagging demons.

I've also recently lost a couple of good friends. Not by death or separation, but by choice. It sucks and I miss them...but maybe this is for the best.

2013
My new year's resolution: love myself more. Stop being a people-pleaser. Be prettier, bolder, smarter, and more focused. To not sacrifice virtue for normalcy. And to always remind myself that I am needed.

No comments: